Well, we're finally back from our Christmas family visit. While the two yellows went on their own vacations, I got to stay with the family. Mom said that I am "travel-sized" which I think is a nice way of saying I am small. It took us three days to drive out there, but only two to get home. Either way it meant a lot of car time for me!
We left the day after Christmas (Friday) and drove about 3 hours where we stopped, I ate dinner, and then they left me in the car. After about an hour or so they came back, walked me, and then we hit the road again. The next time we stopped was at our hotel. I LOVE hotels! The whole family is in one room and I get to jump between two big beds! I think that was my favorite part :)
On Saturday we got up really early and got back in the car. We spent the whole day driving with a few breaks where Mom ran me around the rest areas. Later that night, we got to our next hotel which was even better than the first one! Mom slept on the floor that night, but I still got the bed-HAHA!
On Sunday we got to sleep in a little before leaving in the car again. This time we just went in the car a little bit before we got to our family's house. I went there a few summers ago, so I knew the rules-dogs in the basement! Mom and Grandma made sure someone was down there with me all the time and the house where we actually stayed let me go everywhere. We went for a long walk after we unloaded the car and then I had to go in my kennel, but I got a peanut butter-and-cookie Kong so I was glad to do so!
Every day from Monday to Thursday I went on a long walk in the morning. Then we would usually go to the basement place for the rest of the day. It wasn't too bad, especially since I had my walks before.
On Thursday we got back in the car for a few hours before we got to our third, and final, hotel.
Bright and early on Friday we headed out. We got home just in time for dinner and then Mom went and got Indiana. I was so happy to see my best pal again! Unfortunately today that little brat, I mean Fay, came back. At least she is tired from her vacation and is leaving me to my marrow bone...
Saturday, January 3, 2009
My Trip
Posted by Irie at 11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment